African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
The Consulting services relating to the Africa Energy Transition Catalyst (AETC) Program invites applications for the position below:
Job Title: Expression of Interest for AETC Program Officer – PERN
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
Duration: 2 years
- The African Development Bank (“the Bank”), as the administrator of SEFA, hereby invites Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest to provide services for the following assignment: Africa Energy Transition Catalyst (“AETC”) Program Officer.
- The AETC Program consolidates the Bank’s support for Africa’s energy transition by facilitating the large-scale integration of renewable energy generation at national and regional levels.
- The Program consists of various Technical Assistance including regional integration, national just energy transition plans and green hydrogen development.
- The Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (“SEFA”) is a Special Fund that provides technical assistance, project preparation support and catalytic finance to unlock private sector investments related to grid-connected and off-grid renewable energy generation, as well as energy efficiency, across the African continent.
- The Fund’s operations are categorised according to three thematic areas, namely Green Baseload, Green Mini-Grids and Energy Efficiency. The assignment described here will be undertaken under the Green Baseload theme.
Under the leadership and guidance of the SEFA Technical Unit (TU), which falls under the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department (PERN), the selected Consultant’s core duties will include but not be limited to:
- Lead the delivery of the AETC program, across all its workstreams including supporting the procurement of consultants (firms and Individual Consultants); monitoring the implementation of approved projects and programs, as well as supporting their timely progression to completion. This will include regular supervisory reviews, liaison with the Bank’s clients, partners and service providers, as well as the compilation/review of progress and completion reports.
- Active management of consultants, including with the provision of critical reviews of outputs/deliverables commissioned under AETC to ensure quality and achievement of key objectives.
Development of knowledge management products:
- Provide analytical support and contribute to the development and dissemination of briefs, reports and presentation on best practices and key industry developments in technologies (e.g., renewable energy, green hydrogen, electro-mobility, energy transition frameworks, as well as innovative financing mechanisms).
- Operational and strategic support: Activities within SEFA or the Bank broadly, including contributing to internal and public management reports/documents.
- The expected duration of the assignment is not exceeding 12 months.
- Interested eligible Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (documentation, references to similar services, experience in comparable assignments, proficiency in both English and French, CVs, etc.).
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a shortlist and the selection procedure shall conform to the Bank’s Rules and Procedure for the Use of Consultants under projects financed by the Bank Group. Please note that the expression of interest by a consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include the Consultant in the shortlist.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2023 at 12: 00 PM local (Abidjan) time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates (Consultant) should submit their Expression of Interest by e-mail at the address below using “Individual Long-term Consultant – AETC Program Officer” as the subject of the email.
Attn: Mr. Joao Duarte CUNHA,
Division Manager PERN3,
Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department.
E-mail: [email protected] with copy to: [email protected] ; [email protected]
Click here for more information
Click here for the Job Description (PDF)
Note: Interested Consultants can obtain more information by writing to the email address mentioned above.