He/she will join a regional project to support the fight against human trafficking in the Gulf of Guinea.
This 4 years project, which started in January 2019, funded by the EUTF and Expertise France (18M€), aims at strengthening the operational and strategic capacities of the relevant actors involved in the fight against human trafficking at the regional, national, and local level.
Based in Abuja, the Project manager will join the project team composed of individuals based in Paris HQ, in the regional office in Abidjan and in the other countries covered by the project.
The project team in Abuja is composed of the Project manager and an Admin/fi assistant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Regional Project Manager and in coordination with the Project Director, the Protection expert (both based in Abidjan) and HQ (Paris), the Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project implementation at national level in Nigeria. He/she will be supported by an Administrative, financial and logistics assistant placed under the supervision of the Regional admin/fi officer based in Abidjan.
His/her main attributions will entail:
· Contribute to the definition, planning and implementation of all the activities in Nigeria, in coordination with the Abidjan office;
· Establish and maintain efficient relationships with the project’s partners in Nigeria (national authorities, civil society, relevant thematic experts, donors etc…);
· Facilitate the deployment of short terms experts and consultants mobilised;
· Insure proper reporting of all actions conducted in Nigeria to the Regional Project Manager;
· Support the Regional Project Manager in developing thematic reports and other deliverables, on demand;
· Responsible for Nigeria budget planning ;
· Contribute to M&E process for activities conducted in Nigeria in coordination with the M&E officer based in Paris;
· Insure proper follow-up of service providers and implementing partners – validate deliverables;
· Support visibility/communication actions;
· Conduct all missions relevant and necessary to the success of the project.
· 5 years MINIMUM of relevant work experience in humanitarian/development project management;
· Master degree in Law, international relations, or project management;
· Previous experience in the field of Migration and/or Human Trafficking;
· Previous experience with EU donor would be a plus ;
· Proven facilitation and Capacity building skills with the ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences
· Full professional English proficiency, French appreciated;
· Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative information);
· Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen, communicate and present complex issues in simplified ways which is easily understood;
· Goal orientated with the ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines;
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Contract length: one year, possibility of extension for another year.
Type of contract: Nigerian contract through umbrella company
Start date: January 2021
Salary level: according to profile and experience
How to apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and 3 references with subject line « PM-TIP Abuja**» before the 8th of November 2021** to : firstname.lastname@example.org